Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Paul and Chili Cheese Dip

I don't know what it is about it, but it's one of my favorite holiday appetizers.  I don't know if it's the taste, the appearance, or what.  It's just...great.

I remember the first time I tried it.  It was Memorial Day weekend of 2001.  My Dad and I went over to my Grandma's house.  The usual first day of the summer season meal was laid out: grilled foods, fruit, salad, pop, desserts, chips, and dips.  But one dip stood out: chili cheese dip.  I'm sure they served it before, but I never ate it.  But for some reason, I wanted to try it, especially since they told me that I should.  So, I took a scoop, put it on a small paper plate, put a couple potato chips on it, and tried it.  It was like Heaven on Earth instantly. 

After that, I made sure that chili cheese dip was on the menu at every holiday function wherever I went. 

If you want to know how to make it, it's simple: can of Hormel chili (Hot no beans) and Velveta Mexican Mild cheese.  Mix them in a microwave or crock pot.  There you go.

And I can't wait to have some with my Thanksgiving meal tomorrow!

I don't know why I shared this, but I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment