Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

Well, that time of year is coming.  The time of year to be thankful for what you...er...I mean...be a glutton, gain a gazillion pounds (add another gazillion when Christmas and New Year's come a mere month later), deal with the family, and watch football and/or the parades and/or the Christmas movies that start that night.  Some may go to the Old Country Buffet if they don't have family, don't want to cook, or don't want to see family.  Some go out of town and don't celebrate at all.  Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I usually go to my Grandma's or sister's house.  Occasionally it's done at my house.  We have a small gathering, usually consisting of my parents, grandma, aunt, uncle, sister, brother-in-law, and two nieces.  Turkey, Puerto Rican rice, mashed potatoes, bread, potato chips, chili cheese dip, and drinks are served.  Then, it's back home to relax.

This year, it's off to the sister's house!  I can't wait to see what awaits, especially after a year like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment